To improve the accuracy of consistent colour reproduction we recommend regularly calibrating you monitor.
We recommend using the i1 DISPLAY PRO by X-Rite to calibrate your monitor to display colours according to the correct standards.
This is available for purchase through Bond Imaging.
Alternatively, we have hardware on site for our clients to borrow for a small fee. If you are unsure about this process, please contact customer service to discuss, we can arrange for someone to come out and show you how to calibrate your system if required.
Direct Output Specifications
At Bond Imaging our efficient direct output service is a very popular way to get quality prints same day! Files in by 10 am will be out by 5pm the same day when printing on Lustre or Metallic papers (Workflow permitting). All you need to do is ensure that your digital files are prepared to the following specifications…File Format:
When ordering different sized prints on the same order, to avoid confusion, please group the files in folders based on their respective sizes. Please name the folders with the containing sizes. Additionally, if you are ordering more than one type of paper stock, these should be separated also.
Colour Corrected Specifications
Our colour corrected service includes colour, brightness, contrast and density corrections, dust spotting and resizing of your file as per your requirements.File Format:
If you require any custom digital work such as layouts, retouching or colour matching, our custom digital service caters for all needs. Please enquire with customer service to discuss your options.
What are the system requirements to run OnDemand Pro?
What characters cannot be used in image file names?
Why is my image not printed to the correct size or is cropped, when I have written in the 'special instructions' for the size required?
Why does my finished print look pixelated?
What colour space should be used / why does my print look flat or very red?
There is a very long delay in searching for images using the Folder... or Add images button
I am attempting to send an order via OnDemand Pro, but I am receiving an error message and/or the order will not transfer
Windows PC - I am having issues getting OnDemand Pro to launch
Apple Mac OS X - I am having issues getting OnDemand Pro to launch
Apple OS X 10.7 - OnDemand Pro & Java
Apple OS X 10.6.8 or earlier - OnDemand Pro & Java
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
Please keep in mind all 'Direct Output' files are not checked for size. We only make sure that finished size of the print is sized to what has been ordered.
When uploading with OnDemand Pro, it is imperative to tick the correct colour space check box of which your files have been embedded.
We have Adobe98 as our lab default. If your files have not been embedded with a colour space, our system will print them as Adobe98. Consequently, the resulting image will have a dramatic colour shift.
You may also prefer to use Finder as your image source, as the folder browse apparent failure on the first attempt may make you think the software is not functioning properly (though there is a spinner to indicate it is working).
Your photos are large files which need a strong connection to transfer to us in a high quality.
OnDemand Pro does not resize your images, it will send the original file.
If the error "BROKEN PIPE" or "SOCKET WRITE ERROR" appears, this is based on connectivity.
If you are using a wireless connection, attempt to connect with an ethernet cable directly to your modem/router.
Attempt to temporarily disable your anti-virus/firewall program. Recent updates to several common antivirus programs have caused a temporary block on opening OnDemand Pro - this occurs upon downloading and opening the program for the first time.
Re-install OnDemand Pro
Login with Administrator rights into your PC
1. Be sure to quit OnDemand Pro - if OnDemand Pro will not close it may be necessary to close OnDemand Pro with Task Manager
2. Windows Vista & newer go to C:\Users\ (user name) or "Click START" then double click on your user name in the top right corner of the Start Window just beneath the "User image".
Windows XP go to C:\Documents and Settings\
3. Delete the hidden folders .BOND and .roescache
4. If .BOND and .roescache are not visible go to Control Panel and be sure Folder Options are set to 'Show hidden files and folders'
5. Delete any 'OnDemand Pro' desktop icons
6. Go To 'Control Panel' > 'Programs & Features', highlight 'OnDemand Pro' then choose unsinstall from the top.
7. Re-install OnDemand Pro from this link
If that did not resolve the issue repeat steps 2 to 5 and continue with the steps below.
8. Delete these two folders SWRoes and ROES, located at C:\ProgramData\SWRoes and C:\Program Files\ROES
9. Re-install OnDemand Pro from this link
Re-install OnDemand Pro
1. Be sure to quit OnDemand Pro - if OnDemand Pro will not close it may be necessary to click the Apple in the Top Menu and click Force Quit, select OnDemand Pro and click the Force Quit button.
2. Move the desktop & dock alias for the OnDemand Pro.app to the trash.
3.In the Applications folder move the OnDemand Pro.app to the trash.
4. Open Finder click Go from Top Menu (at the top-left of your screen)
5. Click Go to Folder...
6. Type ~/.roescache in the Go to the folder: dialog window.
7. The hidden folder .roescache is now visible, delete the contents of this folder.
8. Type ~/.roesenginecache in the Go to the folder: dialog window.
9. The hidden folder .roesenginecache is now visible, delete the contents of this folder.
10. Click Go from Top Menu (at the top-left of your screen) and click Go to Folder...
11. Type ~/.bond in the Go to the folder: dialog window.
12. The hidden folder .bond is now visible, delete this folder.
13. For OS X 10.7 or older only: Clear the Java cache (follow steps below depending on your OS X version)
Make sure you have the latest Java installed. To check if you have Java installed please go to www.java.com and update or install it. To install OnDemand Pro it will ask to open a small Java file called "launch.jnlp" Please double-click the "launch.jnlp" file downloaded to your default download location.
Then agree to OPEN when this message appears:“launch.jnlp” is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure you want to open it?
SAFARI users: Select the Downloads button at the right end of the Safari toolbar and then double-click the "launch.jnlp" file.
If the file does not open, open the folder where the file has been downloaded to (show in finder), then right-click on the launch.jnlp file and open with Java Web Start.
Then, please follow these steps to repair most issues with OnDemand Pro.
Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click on Java down the bottom under Other this will start the Java Control Panel.
First, please make sure you have the latest Java installed.
Use Software Update available on the Apple menu to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java 6 for your Mac, or browse to support.apple.com and update Java from Apple.
*OS X 10.5 MUST have Java 6 on an